Our current PVP set-up was revolutionary compared to whatever we had before. Factions revived our previously dead world and gave it a new lease of life. However this has become a bit short lived. There are numerous issues with Factions, both in the plugin that runs it and also in the gameplay - the system is too easy to abuse at the moment.
Here are the four top issues:
- Claimed land - this is actually the biggest DE-motivation for people to properly play PVP. At the end of the day, it is very easy to just hide in your protected base. If you have any kind of common sense you can never lose with Factions.
- PvP itself is not the main feature - whilst killing happens a lot, it isn't promoted enough. People get hooked up with all the Faction stuff, then get bored of it and stop playing.
- Nobody is using the map - the map is huge, yet people just claim land right around spawn and camp. It makes the PVP game mode on our server completely inaccessible to new players. Factions doesn't promote good use of the map.
- VIPs have too much of an advantage - teleport requests etc make it way too easy for them to get the upper hand on non-vips. Whilst it is ok on other maps, in PVP it is just unfair.
- New PVP map when Minecraft 1.8 comes out
- VIP and above will be able to transfer their inventory from the current PVP
- Map will most likely expand to 10,000 x 10,000 - this will be voted on by the community
- No more Factions
- We will be getting a new system called 'SimpleClans' - read about it here: http://minecraftcc.com/index.php?wiki/simpleclans/
- VIPs will be allowed one private warp in PVP
- VIPs are not allowed to use /tpr in PVP and may not be teleported by moderators
- Moderators may not TP to people unless it is for proper moderator duties
- Promotion of PVP
- The leaderboard system will keep people interested and keep the game fresh
- People will have to play PVP properly and intellectually - they will need to use tactics to hide their stuff etc
- Fairness for everyone, regardless of whether you are VIP or not
- Raiding will work for everyone once again, regardless of whether you are in a clan or not