Site Admin & Server Owner
BZPower recently reported on a mysterious new LEGO game called LEGO Worlds. As of today, an incomplete version of the game itself is available to play right now via Steam Early Access! The page also includes a trailer and description formally announcing the game and what it is all about. Is this the LEGO free-building experience you've been craving? Now's your chance to find out! Follow the link above, or read on for the full press release!
"EXPLORE. DISCOVER. CREATE.
LEGO® Worlds is a galaxy of procedurally-generated Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which you can freely manipulate and dynamically populate with LEGO models. Explore each World and unlock new discoveries: from cowboys and giraffes to vampires and polar bears, to steamrollers, race cars, and colossal digging machines! Use the multi-tool to shape environments and alter any World to your liking: raise the terrain to create vast mountain ranges, or enter the Brick-by-Brick editor to build anything you can imagine. Save your creations to build with them again. LEGO Worlds enables you to populate your Worlds with many weird and wonderful characters, creatures, models, and driveable vehicles, and then play out your own unique adventures. Probably not worth upsetting the Skeletons though…
LEGO Worlds is currently in Early Access, so be sure to keep coming back for news on updates and plans for future development, as well as discussions with the people behind the scenes.
Explore and Discover the Surprises within LEGO Worlds
• Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
• Make your worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
• Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
Create and Customize your own LEGO World
• Build any world you can imagine using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated LEGO structures
• Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
• Customize your characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
• Play with a select number of real-life LEGO sets, taken from the Classic and current LEGO themes!
• Export your creations and save them to use again.
Expand your LEGO World
• More content, features, and new LEGO play sets to be added in future updates."
At first look it seems to be a combination of Properties in LEGO Universe (which was awesome), and Sim City.
I played the alpha test, beta test and till the last second!!!I LOVED lego universe... played it from launch until the second it went offline.... makes me sad to think about it again and my old character.... glad though that they are making something closish to it once more!
Also a group of programmers who loved the game got permission from LEGO to revive it best they could! Here's the link I've been following this project for a long time: http://timtechsoftware.com/?page_id=1065
It's not 100% the way it was but they've been working at a fast pace to bring it back.