Mods and Addons
There are masses of mods, plugins and addons for Minecraft that can enhance the user experience. These fall into two categories - server mods and client mods. Sometimes these can cross over, and you get client mods that require server mods etc. Below you can find information about both types, and how you can make the most of them without breaking our server Rules.
Client Mods/Hacks/AddonsAs you should know from reading the Rules, client mods that 'hack' the server are NOT allowed! This includes:
In addition to these obvious ones, there are also some other less obvious plugins and mods we DO NOT ALLOW:
- Flying mods (that make you levitate and fly around)
- Speed hacks (make you walk/mine faster than normal)
- No-clip hacking (lets you walk through walls, includes freecam)
- X-ray hacking/transparent texture packs (let you see through the ground)
If you are unsure about whether a plugin is allowed, ask a Moderator. Do NOT assume that just because it isn't listed here, it is allowed.
There is nothing wrong with MiniMaps - in fact most members of staff on the server use them too. However, there are many out there that exploit the game (showing caves and ores etc). These are not allowed.
- Minimaps that show ore and cave networks (INCLUDING Zan's MiniMap)
- Minimaps that show player names and locations
- Minimaps that show mob names and locations
- Plugins that let you move 'differently' (permanently be in sneak mode, strafe around, sprint etc)
If you want to use a MiniMap, please use one with Cave, Mob, and player location disabled in the settings.
For security reasons we will never give out a full list of plugins on our server, however there are some plugins that you should know about so you can make the most of them!